5th Annual 'Rise Against Hunger' Meal Packing Event
Sunday, March 11 from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Join the movement to end hunger in our lifetime: MPC will host its 5th annual Rise Against Hunger* meal-packing event on Sunday, March 11 from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. in the MPC Fellowship Hall. The MPC Mission Team has dedicated a portion of its 2018 budget to sponsor the minimum 10,000 meals required to host the event. We invite support from our congregation and the Manassas community so that we can provide even more.
In 2017, more than 200 people from MPC, First Baptist Church of Manassas and the community came together and packed enough meals to feed 40,176 people! Can we beat that this year? Of course we can - but we need your help. Here's how you can support this mission to end hunger:
- We need volunteers to staff four shifts: Set-Up; Meal-Packing Shft 1; Meal-Packing Shift 2; Clean-Up
- This is a great opportunity for the whole family. Last year's volunteers ranged in age from 3 to 90!
- Sign up for a volunteer shift at http://events.stophungernow.org/MPC18
- Contributions will help fund additional meals beyond the 10,000 MPC has already sponsored
- Donate online at http://events.stophungernow.org/MPC18
- Donate during Sunday worship (Feb. 18, Feb. 25, March 4) using the Rise Against Hunger envelopes in the Friendship Pads
- MPC members can donate online via MPC's Online Giving options. Select "Rise Against Hunger
Learn more abour Rise Against Hunger at RiseAgainstHunger.org.
*Formerly known as "Stop Hunger Now."