The Loving Hands Prayer Shawl Ministry is a group of MPC members and friends who gather to create knitted or crocheted shawls as gifts to those who have suffered a loss, are struggling with health or other issues, or are celebrating such events as marriages and baptisms.
We welcome all women and women to join our ministry. No experience is needed. We will train you! We currently have a need for help in the following areas:
- Knitters and crocheters to create shawls, scarves, hats and mittens
- "Fringers" to add that final touch to the shawls
- Prayer square knitters - a great position for new beginners
- Assistance with overseeing prayer shawl requests
- Clerical assistance requiring some light computer skills
Meeting times are weekly on Thursdays from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. in Room 40 of the church, if you are able to attend. All of the above tasks can also be performed from the comfort of your own home.
More Information available in the Loving Hands Prayer Shawl Ministry Brochure