Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them,
for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."
The nursery at Manassas Presbyterian Church welcomes children from birth to preschool age. It is our desire to minister to both parents and children by providing this service. We believe that your child is a special gift from God, and we want to provide an environment that helps each child feel comfortable, happy, loved, and secure.
Nursery Coordinator: Lynn Rickard (703) 494-3411
The nursery is staffed by loving and responsible parents and volunteers who regularly attend Manassas Presbyterian Church. It is the policy of the church that every adult who works with children be familiar with our Child Protection Policy (CPP). (A copy will of this policy can be found in the church office.) If your child shares in the use of the nursery facility, we urge you to share also in the responsibility of adequate and quality nursery care by taking your turn in the cooperative nursery program. Please contact Lynn Rickard to discuss scheduling opportunities.
Child Protection Policy
Before anyone can be scheduled to volunteer in the Nursery or any other program working with children and youth at MPC, they must complete the "Children and Youth Work Application". Once the application has been completed and processed by the Christian Education (CE) Ministry Team, the individual will be eligible to be scheduled as a volunteer in the nursery and other children/youth programs at MPC. Please contact the CE Office to get this paperwork.
- Caregivers may not be alone with a child at any time.
- There should be at least two adults present in the nursery at all times.
- Physical contact must be age-appropriate.
- Doors must always remain unlocked, but shut.
- Caregivers should always wear a nametag.
Good Health Guidelines
Young children are very susceptible to colds, flu, and other diseases. We want to help eliminate these concerns as much as possible, so we ask parents to keep your child at home when you observe the following:
- Discharge in or around the eyes
- Green or yellow runny nose
- Excessive coughing
- Questionable rash
- Any communicable disease
- If your child becomes ill while in the nursery, you will be notified promptly.
- For your child's protection, we ask our caregivers to follow these same guidelines.
- Infants will be fed only what the parent has provided.
- A snack, such as graham crackers, is provided for toddlers.
- If your child has a food allergy or a special need related to food, please notify the nursery caregivers verbally and in writing on the sign-in sheet.
In order for us to provide safe and loving care for your child, please:
- Please sign in your child by filling out the information in the attendance book.
- Attach a name tag label to your child on his or her back and also on their diaper bag.
- Place the diaper bag in a cubby hole.
- Take a PAGER corresponding to the number next to your child's name with you to the worship service. If you are needed, the pager will light up and vibrate.
- Children will be release only to their parents. Children are released to siblings or other adults only if pre-arranged with the nursery volunteers.
- Diapering procedures are posted and disposable gloves are provided for caregivers.
- Please be assured that we make every effort to keep our nurseries a clean and safe place!
Our goal is to provide a secure and happy environment for you and your child. If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, please contact Lynn Rickard.
Thank you for allowing Manassas Presbyterian Church to participate with you in spiritual nurture of your children.